Armação de Pêra
Armação de Pêra was, for a long time, a fishing village attracted by the abundance of fish. In the 17th century, a small fortress (Armação) was built for its defense against corsair attacks. The original place was already called Pêra.
Nowadays, it remains a village facing the sea
In 1923, following a law approved two years earlier, tourism was officially born in the Algarve, with the creation of the Armação de Pêra Tourism and Initiative Commission, which later transformed into the Armação de Pêra Tourism Board, which would be extinguished in 1970 with the creation of the Algarve Tourism Region.
Today the village of Armação de Pêra has a population of approximately 7,000 inhabitants. However, in the middle of August, it reaches a population of about 80,000 inhabitants due to the large influx of vacationers.
The salt, the sun, the south.
The starting point was to show this this small village is a paradise for families and retired couples, with a population of just under 1500 people, this place offers everything you need for a peaceful retreat: sun, beach, restaurants, markets, golf courses, kids park, and many others. Also, the strong connection with the fishing past is steel very present, with small fishing boats arriving every day with fresh fish that is sold right away to the restaurant and locals.